RE: Re: jasmine

> a-z tends to be rhs-conservative, kitty. i don't trust any of their
> pronouncements.

I realize that, but it's at least a good point to start from.  If it says
Z9-10, I would say you're not going to be able to push it to Z5. Maybe 8,
who knows - maybe even 7,  But not 5.  And as you've pointed out b4, maybe
plantranch wasn't using USDA zones.

According to the rest of the mag article, Jasminum sambuca "will not take
any kind of freeze...best where temps stay above 60 year round."  Since you
say you have several, and I know you've definitely gone below 60, you're
probably right about their being conservative.