From: "Pamela J. Evans" <gardenqueen@gbronline.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] crummy weather here< palms
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:08:28 -0600

That's true dear - but I'm 80 to 90 miles south of Celina where you used
to live (zone 7). Kemp is zone 8A and the lake nearby moderates the
temps some. Plus you were out in the toolies and the wind ripped you to
shreds. It does here occasionally but we have buildings and trees here
to break the wind some. Although I did have an enormous (30 foot) hunk
of tree down after the wind last weekend. I got out there w/ my ax
tonight and fortified my ground birdy shelter for the mourning doves and
such. It looks great - very natural, you'd never guess it was man-made -
which is entirely the point. You'll see it next month and I promised
Marge some awesome pictures for her garden tour site this year. It's
really "getting there".

:-D