Re: hawaii

Not Theresa, but my last visit to the Big Island, we brought home orchids from a specialty nursery. They packed them for carry on (its COLD in the luggage section) and affixed an inspection sticker to the box. The commercial nurseries on the islands work with the state to assure that you won't be importing noxious pests. Most orchids do not grow in soil, which makes this easy. The packing was impeccable and the plants hardly knew they had left Hawai'i!
Cathy