Re: Fwd: Price of Gas; Now Duct Tape

I'm with you, Eva, even though I am safely tucked away in the boondocks.
Americans have notoriously short memories and huge narcissistic tendencies.
If we weren't in the midst of the 9/11 tragedy like you were, then we can
pretend it never happened and that it won't happen again.  I don't know
where this duct tape thing started, but everyone I've heard on NPR or PBS
has said to forget about it, whether they're from the administration, from
the private sector, or rescue organizations.  Duct tape may be silly, but
the situations people are trying to prepare for are not.  Stay safe, Eva--my
thoughts are with you.

Linda in Wyoming