From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Marge Talt
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 11:28 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Fwd: Price of Gas; Now Duct Tape

You're absolutely correct, Scottie - much more useful information
could be disseminated if the object were to really prepare people for
an emergency.  My take is that people have no real clue what to do in
any emergency, not just nebulous terrorist attacks, so they panic and
go out and buy stuff to be doing something.

I don't think you need to apologize, nor should you spend a lot of
time stressing.  Until or unless we are told something specific,
there is nothing to fear but fear itself as Roosevelt noted.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :