Re: Fwd: Price of Gas; Now Duct Tape

It appears they are - and bottled water.  I don't watch TV, so missed
the announcement that people should  make sure they stock up on this
stuff, apparently a list was given out - was relayed by DH, who does
not always get things he half hears right, but later told me that all
the news stations were running features on the people clearing the
shelves at the groceries and hardware stores.

Appears that around here, painters can't lay hands on any plastic
drop cloths for love nor money.  I know I've had a devil of a time
getting my usual jugs of spring water...have seen people with carts
loaded with pint bottles of water - a grocery cart full of which
hardly amounts to 3 gallons and what do they think it will do for
them? Only the most expensive small bottles of water are still left
on the shelves around here.

I do agree with you...but as someone pointed out, all that plastic
may come in handy if their roof starts to leak:-)  Shrink wrapping
the gov't. types is an idea tho' the amount of natural gas contained
therein would probably launch them - imagine a sky full of bureaucrat
balloons:)  Now, that's a thought to ponder on...

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :