Re: something we can do about gas prices -- FRAUD! OT

Sorry, Patricia, but this is an urban legend.  Totally untrue.  See below:

<A
HREF="http://media9.fastclick.net/w/safepop.cgi?mid=15875&sid=1796&id=93721&geo=989235898&len=74&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsnopes.com%2Fsnopes.asp&c=26";>

    http://media9.fastclick.net/w/safepop.cgi?mid=15875&sid=1796&id=93721&;

geo=989235898&len=74&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsnopes.com%2Fsnopes.asp&c=26</A>

If you feel as strongly I do about conserving gas consumption and limiting
the amount of oil that we import from other countries, probably the best
thing you could do is drive a hybrid-electric vehicle, either a Toyota Prius
(52/45 MPG city/hwy), Honda Civic Hybrid (46/51 MPG) or Honda Insight (61/68
MPG) which get much better mileage per gallon than conventional vehicles,
especially the SUV's that get 9, 10, 13, 14 MPG.  Also, these vehicles are
clean air vehicles achieving ULEV and SULEV status, so they are important for
clean air reasons, too.

Whether or not it is true, I have read that if every vehicle in the U.S.
increased its gas mileage by 10 MPG, we would no longer be dependent on
foreign oil.  Our own supplies could handle the need.

Sorry for the rant, but I must have received that 'gas prices' email about
100 times & it infuriates me.

Eva
Long Island, NY
Zone 6/7

"The last time the French wanted to see more evidence, it rolled into Paris
in the form of a tank with a German Flag on it."
David Letterman, re: Iraq