From: Linda L Wallpe
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: 2/20/2003 10:19 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Carolina Allspice

Kitty et al,
I'm glad you all enjoyed my tumble story.  I was grateful at the time
that I wasn't washing the boys bedroom windows at the rear of the house.

That would have been about a 20 foot tumble onto gravel !

<<Au Contrare!!!  (surely not spelled right!)>>
     Au contraire !!!

Libby, it was a mature garden, probably started in the late 40's, early
50's and the tumble took place in 1974.  The bushes were on the south
side of the house and the property sloped hard down to an old railroad
track, great drainage, and wooded at the edges.  Because of a Kentucky
Coffee Bean Tree toward the east end of the house and maples at the west
end of the house, the bushes only received direct afternoon sun and some
late morning sun but not the withering late afternoon sun.

Linda Wallpe
Cincinnati Z6a
Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com