Carolina Allspice

I doubt that it received any fertilizer by that point in time, don't know
about in the beginning.  When I lived there, the Jewell's were already in
their 80's and just maintaining the perennial bed took all their

We have  lots of clay soil here BTW, red, brown and grey!  Another thing
that comes to mind, that house had a limestone rock foundation (common
here in old buildings) so years of rain had been hitting it and the soil
could have been pretty alkaline right there.

I haven't a clue about residual herbicides from corn plantings but if I
had to hazard a guess I'd say yes.  It's been an on-going concern of
environmentalists for years.

Linda W.
Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com