Re: Clerodendrum trichotomum was: Theresa's pics

In a message dated 02/22/2003 2:14:05 AM Central Standard Time,
mtalt@hort.net writes:

> The foliage and stems sure don't smell like lilac to

Whatever the smell of this plant, and it's really strange, the deer do not
appear to like it, making it a definite keeper in my yard.  BTW, I noticed
those bad babies have really been munching on the emerging rose growth.  I
don't think I will have to do much pruning on the bushes on the outer
perimeter of the rose bed.  I'm just grateful I still have a sense of humor
where they are concerned.  I also must admire their ability to even get to
the rose bushes without breaking a leg -- what with all the rain (another 1.5
inches last night), the holes from skunks and armadillos, and the mole
tunnels one does take a risk in walking around out there. :-)

zone 7
West TN