Re: Re: need a small tree/standard

Theresa,
I read my 30 messages first before responding so I could put this
together in one message. There are lots of magnolias, of all sizes. As
to Weeping Cherries, there is an older one (30 yrs?) in my neighborhood
that is at least 15 feet high. I think the height has to do with where a
graft is made or when it is trained to weep or something along those
lines. A taller weeper would most likely cost more.

Greer Gardens specializes in Magnolias; has several pages of them.
http://www.greergardens.com/magnolias1.htm
They don't have pics of everything, but if a description meets your reqs
you could probably google a picture. I have a M. x loebneri bLeonard
Messel' that is just gorgeous, but too tall for your needs.

Flower and fruit pics of Strawberry Tree:
http://www.mgm.musin.de/projekte/elba/flora/arbutus.htm

And the Eastern Redbud habit:
http://www.bio.gasou.edu/Bio-home/Courses/environmental/leege/BOO/ghseontheweb/landscaping/landscaping.html

"Cercis canadensis, also known as Redbud, is native to the state of
Oklahoma and other midwestern states. The tree is small in stature with
a height ranging from 35 to 75 feet. "

Kitty