From: Judy L Browning <judybrowning@lewiston.com>
Sent: 02/25/03 04:18 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] need a small tree/standard

> In Marge's garden tours
<a target=_blank
href="http://mtalt.hort.net/ahs-tour/";>http://mtalt.hort.net/ahs-tour/</a>
you can see the trunk & lower branches in the first shot on p. 3 of my
garden. I didn't send one of the whole tree. It seems to have really
beefed
up in the trunk the last couple of years, a few inches thicker now than
when
I took that picture. The trunk's probably 5' 6" to 6' from ground to 1st
branches. It's pink most of the month of April. With the freezing cold
this
week, I hope it didn't get nipped. Some of the perennial foliage that was
starting to grow looked pretty sad today, wilted over on the ground. No
snow
cover here, just cold.
Judy B

From: "David Franzman" <dfranzma@pacbell.net>

> WOW!  I've never seen one that big before.  That must be quite a sight.
Judy,
> I'd love to see a picture of it.  Must be pretty neat.
> DF
>
> Judy L Browning wrote:
>
> > David,
> > I'm not good at estimating height. That said, my weeping cherry is up
in
the