Re: Spring plant orders

Chris,
I bet I know where you ordered those bloodroot!

I can't be of much help on most of your list, but here's the few I can say something about:

Cardamine enneaphylla - I've only grown Cardamine heptaphylla, and it sort of limped along.  I think it needs a lot more moisture.

Brunneras - easy, but you knew that.

Geranium pratense 'Plenum Violaceum' - I ordered G. pratense bPlenum
Violaceum' and G.pratense bPlenum Caeruleum' 2 yrs ago (from 2
different sources) and they did not perform well compared to all my
other Geraniums. I think pratense are listed as slightly less hardy.
However, Geranium pratense bVictor Reiter' is doing just dandy.

Pulmonaria rubra 'David Ward' is stunning, but a real slug magnet. Slugs
never bother any of my other Pulmonarias, but this one needs protection
or it will be devoured.

Tellima grandiflora 'Forest Frost' - I ordered this from Shady Oaks
before they closed down their retail. A very thick, robust plant, with
seemingly no problems. Needs to be divided already. I don't really care
much for the flowers but the Foliage on Forest Frost is great. I grow it
alongside Brunnera mac 'Silver Wings' and several Toad Lilies.

Symphytum - I ordered Symphytum 'Goldsmith' (cream-edged) a couple of
years ago, but it was just solid green, so they replaced it the next
year. Slugs never bothered the green one, but they actually make
reservations to have a go at Goldsmith. Maybe it's the cream accent, as
on David Ward.

Good luck with your plans. Your Epimediums reminded me that I have yet
to receive Daryl Probst's 2003 catalog. I intend to buy some, but wonder
if I should use his old catalog and just have him adjust the pricing.
Hmmm...

Kitty