From: "Gene Bush" <genebush@otherside.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Question re: Astilbe
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:01:11 -0500

Hello Jesse,
My partner, JoAn, is big on containers here normally using several in a
grouping. One I like each year is hosta and astilbe with some annuals which
change each year. The astilbe and hosta stay in the pot over winter. They
look great to me and no more care than her other containers. Since the
amount of moisture and nutrients can be controlled better, I think the
astilbe looks best in a large container. Certainly better than in my garden
where it gets hot and dry just as the astilbe come into bloom.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana