Re: trees and other design elements

In a message dated 2/1/04 8:50:13 AM, justme@prairieinet.net writes:

<< the contractor here did not want all the same houses. >>

Donna, there are 12 houses on our cul de sac, 12 different plans, 12
different lot sizes, 9 different builders.   All but 3 of the homes were custom built,
as was ours.  Our covenant did not allow for identical homes/plans.
    My trees are not on top of each other.  I developed a plan to begin with
but have gone much beyond the original.  I do plot to scale on paper before
adding new plantings.  After I have drawn out my ideas, I place it in the
kitchen where I can view it frequently each day before I finalize my plans.  I
project the mature size so I have the full impact and it may chg many times before
I have my final plan.    You know the old saying ' a picture is worth a
thousand words'.   I don't always do this with perennial additions but they are easy
to move.
    I have been thinking I want to chg the walk from the driveway to the
front porch.  For the past two yrs I have sketched this out many ways but I know
this will be a great deal of time & cost so I want it to be right.  Currently
it is a simple L shape but I think a curved walk and something other than
cement or a comb of cement and something else.
    Another feature I really would like to add is a dry river bed which over
the past 8 yrs I have sketched so many ways.  Nothing I have come up with yet
do I feel certain of.