Re: What's Blooming

Guess yesterday was really Let's See What's Blooming Sunday rather than Super Bowl Sunday. I managed to get off the couch while it was still light out and tour the yard, too. The avocado and the mangos are loaded with flower buds [neither quite open]. I was hoping that the lychee would be blooming, too, but no signs of it doing so yet.

On Sunday, February 1, 2004, at 11:33 PM, Theresa wrote:

Funny you noticed youres today, as I also found my first blooming hellebore
today too! Mine is white, one bud and one bloom open! Yeah for both of us!
I also have daffodils blooming and a lovely anemone. Oh, and 1 snowdrop. A
whole bunch of my bulbs are coming up now, and I noticed that my bletilla
are starting to come up too. Oh, and of course my camellia is blooming too.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Zemuly@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2004 3:56 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] What's Blooming

My online connection is still acting up so I have spent the last week doing
other things -- like reading. Anyway, I took a walk around the backyard
afternoon and was delighted to note on of my "baby" hellebores is blooming.
This is the first year any of them will be old enough. That was exactly the
kind of boost I need to get through the last of this winter.

zone 7
West TN

Island Jim
Southwest Florida