Re: Iraq/tax

You are asking things beyond my knowledge.  I know little about state
politics/govt  unfortunately.  I do know we have no State tax.  We do have sales tax,
a certain percentage, and each county, city, town, etc. adds on whatever they
need extra that is voted on for certain specific things.  We also have the
Lotto which apparently brings in a lot.  Harris County (Houston) has higher
sales tax, property tax, etc. than do surrounding counties.  But that is about the
extent of my knowledge.  Sorry.
Perhaps someone else can speak better about this.....

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 2/3/2004 11:02:47 PM Central Standard Time,