Re: Iraq

Regardless of rank.  Priveleges and benefits are the same for all ranks, it's
just the pay that is different.  Used to be that they had an officers Club
and NCO club, but most if not all are not all-graders clubs.  Even housing in
many places is the same.

Anyway, it's also regardless how the soldier dies, unless it is during a war.
  The military does give them a funeral, headstone and a plot in a military
cemetary closest to their home.  Most major cities have them.  But the families
have to pay for the funeral home, casket, etc.  The bodies are shipped home,
no escort that I'm aware of.  This helps a lot, but when one considers what
the 9/11 folks got in comparison...it's basically nothing.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 2/3/2004 11:02:47 PM Central Standard Time,