From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:14:10 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] word from Iraq

> Kitty, was that a military benefit or social security?<br>I don't
think it was either, Ceres. This was a VA benefit and I don't
think<br>income taxes had anything to do with it. My father enlisted in
the Air<br>Force during WWII and left at the end of the war with a 10%
Original Message ----- <br>From: <Cersgarden@aol.com><br>To:
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 5:18
2/2/04 2:49:54 PM, kmrsy@comcast.net writes:<br>><br>> << VA services
vary state to state. In Indiana, as a child of a disabled<br>> veteran,
2/3 of 8 semesters of my college tuition were paid for. >><br>><br>>
Kitty, was that a military benefit or social security? Iowa requires
full<br>> time military to pay state income taxes. Many states do not.
Regular<br>military<br>> receiving identical compensation but some pay
your point, VA services vary is true. I believe there are<br>> those who
receive adequate care but not all. What I hear here is you do<br>not
want<br>> to go to the VA hospital unless you have no other

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com