From:  [mailto: Cersgarden@aol.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:06:15 EST
Subject: Re: [CHAT]tax/public schools

In a message dated 2/5/04 11:19:04 AM, gardenqueen@gbronline.com
writes:<br><br><< Down here they spend way too much<br>time and money on
football >><br><br>Pam, in our area and would assume this would be true
in Texas, football <br>supports its self and other less profitable
sports. My granddaughters attend a <br>school that generally make to
state thus receive monies that fund other activities <br>such as drama,
debate, etc. I do think sports are very important in the <br>development
of a well rounded student. I think there are students that live for
great learning <br>opportunities but as most things they do often have a
negative side. My <br>granddaughters are involved in school sponsored
volleyball, basketball, golf, <br>cheerleading (which is now considered
a sport) and softball so they are in sports at <br>all times of the year
and over lapping at times yet they are honor students. <br>Golf was a
sport they began to play at age 3 and played as a family and
school level). This <br>is a sport that they will always be able to
enjoy.<br> Swimming is a great sport but seldom gets much attention.
This is a <br>sport that is ill attended, no chearleaders but one that
requires much hard work <br>and gruesome practices. My son was a
competitive swimmer with 6 am winter time <br>swims. This is another
sport that one can enjoy for life. Unfortunately my <br>granddaughters
attend a small school which does not offer this opportunity.<br>

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com