Re: Iraq/tax

How well I remember. Traffic there can really snarl up. The real problem her is lack of surface roads that go anywhere. Too many rivers, swamps, bogs, and lakes.

On Friday, February 6, 2004, at 04:55 AM, Marge Talt wrote:

From: james singer <jsinger@igc.org>
Don't I wish! I think the population in my area doubles about every
4
years. We had a gasoline tank truck blow up on the interstate 2
days
ago and that has turned all the surface roads that go anywhere into

slow moving parking lots. During rush hour, it can take as long as
an
hour to go 2 miles in some places.
----------

Sounds like the usual around here, Jim...and we don't even have to
have a tanker truck blow up.  One, however managed to run itself off
an access road and fall smack onto Interstate 95 north near Baltimore
the other day...talk about a traffic mess!  And that dude not only
took himself off the planet but 4 or 5 other people as well.  Noooo,
he wasn't speeding....no way.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade