Re: early arrivals - tree peonies

May I vote?

I'm for choice A, pot up and leave in cool garage. Might start some root growth, which is all you want anyway.

On Saturday, February 7, 2004, at 11:59 AM, Kitty wrote:

I received 5 bareroot tree peonies yesterday, a bit early for Zone 5. I'm
trying to decide the best course of action....

Pot up, but keep in cool garage
Pot up, bring in house to get an early start
Leave bareroot for now and pot up in April
any other suggestions?

These plants will be for sale at MG plant sale, but I had planned to grow
them on for a year first as I expected them to be smaller. They have 6 to
10 inches of wood and have already begun to sprout. They also have 8 to 12
inches of thick roots. The cool garage was my initial thought, but, since
they are already sizeable, I thought the early start indoors might not be a
bad idea. Is it possible they'd develop enough by mid-June to sell them?
Any other thoughts?

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
Zone 10