Re: Iraq/ VA hospitals

And there are others that are invested solely in the company's stock, which is okay for now if the company is Microsoft but sucks if the company is Enron or Zapata Petroleum.

On Saturday, February 7, 2004, at 01:41 PM, Kitty wrote:

Separation of funds isn't a guarantee.  Some companies set them up with
loopholes and raid them.
Othertimes the funds are mismanaged (poorly invested or excessive
'expenses') and then can't afford to supply as promised.
Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bonnie Holmes" <holmesbm@usit.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2004 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Iraq/ VA hospitals

That is true for companies that do not separate their retirement funds
from
the business funds. When it is mixed, it is too tempting to get into it
when business is bad or goes belly up. But, military service could/should
be different...especially when it is a matter of life and death and when
you are serving so that others can enjoy a good life. Also, think that
those non-citizens that fight for us should receive citizenship as part of
their benefits, especially during military action.

Bonnie Zone 6+ ETN