Re: early arrivals - tree peonies

Kitty, pot them and allow to remain cold.  At the greenhouse where I work,
many items are potted and placed in a cold greenhouse.  Peonies, both tree and
herbaceous garden varieties are handled this way.
    I have not heard yellow varieties perform less than other color choices.
I have a  purple & yellow both suffruticos. This will be the 3rd season of
bloom for the yellow one and maybe the 9th for the purple one. Both bloomed the
first year.  The foliage on the yellow one is not a dark green like the
purple.  I debudded the yellow one leaving only one bud for the past 2 yrs so more
energy would go into the plant.  I have also moved the purple one which is
suggested you don't do.  I had not seen tree peonies in real  life only photos and
did not place in a spot with adequate space for growth.  I would certainly
stress the space rqmt at your sale.  The plant bloomed the year I moved it which
was in the spring and I had root pruned it the previous fall but I'm sure it
was slowed for recovery.