From: cathy carpenter [mailto: cathyc@rnet.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:37:56 -0600
Subject: Re: [CHAT] nursery interview apparel

Kitty,<br>Just a thought, but have you looked into a teaching position
with your <br>local community college? Ours just started offering
Horticulture <br>Certificates and AA degrees, and every year they are
looking for <br>lecturers. The pay is based on the degree (BS, MS, etc),
but they are <br>willing to hire folks with pertinent life experience in
the industry <br>too. You would have a lot to offer
students.<br>Cathy<br>On Tuesday, February 10, 2004, at 05:02 PM, Kitty
wrote:<br><br>> Judy, thanks for the thoughtful words. I did include my
NPO-MG work <br>> on my<br>> resume because it does illustrate things
I'm capable of that don't <br>> show up<br>> under work experience. I do
have a portfolio of changes to my garden <br>> that<br>> I put together
for Guelph, so thanks for bringing that up. It may <br>> come in<br>>
handy at the right interview. Right now the nursery jobs available <br>>
here are<br>> for plain hard labor, often requiring heavy lifting. I had
to pass on <br>> a<br>> Franks nursery manager job even though I fit all
the other criteria <br>> because<br>> it required you to "repeatedly
lift 75 pounds". I can deal with 50# <br>> for a<br>> very short
distance. Since I have no health insurance and am aware I<br>> already
have ruptured disks in my neck, I'd have to be careful.<br>><br>>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com