Re: nursery interview apparel

I think most major cities have street universities, like Sacramento's "Learning Exchange," which is a collection of individuals held together by listing themselves in a free-distribution catalog. They provide all manner of classes, usually lasting only a single 2 to 3 hour session. They are a good place for the serious gardener [or serious anything else--my second wife and I took a 4 hour class in massage; hands on, of course] to pick up beer money by teaching a class on, say, "How to Start Seeds in Winter" or "Choosing Container Plants at a Nursery."

The good thing about street universities is that the "professors" determine the scope, duration, price, size, and location of the classes. If you work for a nursery, for example and boss willing, it could be an after-hours classroom--providing you with examples and the boss with exposure to new customers.

On Thursday, February 12, 2004, at 02:22 AM, Marge Talt wrote:

From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
Good idea Cathy.  Our Hort Ed something along those lines, too.
But I'm not
a teacher.

Kitty, I should think you could be an extremely good teacher!  Maybe,
if that thought interests you, you should look into it - teach some
adult night classes where experience counts more than having a
teaching cert.?  Start your own classes in your home?  Where there's
a will, there's a way:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi