Re: Zone 10

Kitty, check out C. terminalis "Auntie Lou." Leaves are at least 3" wide, sometimes 4"

http://www.stgermainsfarms.com/new_page_1.htm

On Sunday, February 15, 2004, at 11:44 AM, Kitty wrote:

Perhaps it wasn't fair to voice that opinion as I've never seen your Red
Sensation in person, but from the photos I've seen and the descriptions I've
read, Red Sensation doesn't meet my desires as well as C. baueri.
SS says "...the grassy, upright blades are less than an inch wide..."
I don't want "grassy"
C. baueri, on my young plant, the leaves are an inch wide. I don't know if
they'll get any wider. They are definitely not "grassy", mor yucca-like. I
did find a picture that looks much like my plant. Take a look at it and
tell me if Red Sensation is as formidable. If so, I suppose I'd consider
it.

http://snipurl.com/4ijp

Kitty

----- Original Message ----- From: <Cersgarden@aol.com> To: <gardenchat@hort.net> Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2004 3:14 AM Subject: Re: [CHAT] Zone 10