From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:38:41 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] nursery interview tomorrow

Since you've all been so supportive, I thought I might recap the
interview<br>for you. It seemed to go well, and the work as they
described it didn't<br>seem too hard. They thought U of Guelph was in
California. They are<br>strong, their background is in, trees and
shrubs. And they indicated<br>difficulties with perennials. Ah! my
opening! I'm stronger in that,<br>dazzled them with a few tips and
techniques and successful examples. I<br>asked him if this was a growth
area for them and they indicated it was, that<br>people were always
asking for more. Even though that is not really what<br>they were hiring
for, I gently explained the marketing aspects of perennials<br>and I was
hoping they might consider my value for expansion down the
road.<br>Well, whether they hire me or not, I came away feeling good
about the<br>interview. Thanks for your support,
"Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent:
Thursday, February 12, 2004 11:54 PM<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] nursery
usually works.<br>><br>> would it were that easy. Thanks for the
Message ----- <br>> From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org><br>> To:
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>> Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 6:32
Stay cool. Listen carefully. Respond directly. Make and keep eye<br>> >
contact. Don't ask important questions until the interviewer says
"Any<br>> > questions?" Then say, "When do I start?" It usually
Kitty wrote:<br>> ><br>> > > I was laid off about 4wks ago. There's very
little available here. I<br>> > > rather doubt I'll get the job, I'd
expect them to want someone<br>> > > younger. The<br>> > > job would
entail working with the public, stocking and watering. I'm<br>a<br>> > >

concerned about the weight lifting, but maybe it would get me<br>in<br>>
> > shape! Also, I'm not sure I could get by on what a nursery laborer
since before I began gardening, so<br>> > > working<br>> > > at my hobby
was never an option. But, yes, I think that could alter<br>my<br>> > >
views. But I guess it is worth a shot.<br>> > ><br>> > >

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com