Seed orders

Well, this tells me something.  Last night I posted the following, and
appended a list of seeds I had ordered.  This morning it was returned as
undeliverable because there was not enough space for the message.  Now I know
I must be
deranged.

In the middle of an intensive week or ten days I was reminded by DH that it
was only a month until time to plant peas - March 17 is traditional
pea-planting day here if the ground is thawed enough to make a trench.  I did
a very
hasty countdown from last years's records and sent off on-line orders for
quite a
lot of seeds - I'm sure many more than I really need.  But I was surprised at
how many things I had bought last year were no longer available - or at least
not from the same supplier.  Usually I spend a couple of days or more poring
over catalogs, comparing prices and descriptions, etc.  I usually end up
buying
from five or six places - don't bother to tell me I waste money on shipping -
I like to get all the catalogs, and no one place has all my favorite
varieties.  My hasty efforts this year took an evening, and I will still have
to spend
some time searching for some of the things that weren't available where they
used to be - not that I really need any of them, but you guys know how it is.
In case anyone is interested in my insanity - here's where I have started:
First of all, 50 Florida Cardinal caladiums to be a club challenge class for
my garden club, and   25 Candidum Jr. just for me - I will be glad to share,
for I don't know what I will do with 25, but I envision large planters filled
with them.

I guess the problem was that I had just picked up the seed order listings,
which did extend to quite a bit.  You can tell my vegetable garden gets heavy
preference.  I can hardly wait for the first fresh things from my garden -
anything home-grown beats the grocery store hollow.
I had listed beans, (8); gourds; cucumbers; lettuce (8); cilantro (2); peas
(4); peppers, Thai Hot; squash (6); dill; cosmos (3); basil; marigold (2);
nasturtiums (2);
sunflowers (7); morning glories (2); tomatoes (4); poppies; parsley (2);
ornamental pepper 'Explosive;' okra; mustard; Ruta graveolens; alyssum; castor
bean; linaria 'Magic Carpet;' impatiens, and Ornamental Millet Purple Majesty

Let's see if it can handle this curtailed listing.
Auralie
Z5