Re: Seed orders

In a message dated 02/19/2004 6:30:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cathyc@rnet.com writes:

> Not to add to your addiction, but have you tried soybeans? They are not
> yet readily available (have only seen seeds in Burpees and Cooks Garden
> catalogs) but they are my number one favorite snack. Pick the pods, add
> to boiling water for 12 minutes, drain, and sprinkle the pods with
> coarse sea salt. Then squeeze the beans out of the pods and eat,
> Cathy

I have never tried soybeans that way, though I know they are very good for
you.  I developed a prejudice against soy products many years ago when I was fed
some awful fake "cutlets" and have never quite been able to develop a taste
for them.  I don't usually have food prejudices, so maybe I'll try to overcome
this one.  I do love anything fresh out of the garden - as you could guess
from my list.