Re: Spring is coming & Brunfelsia

We don't get Bluebirds down this far south where I am.  Robins, Cedar
Waxwings, and a few others come around in the winter only. Others stick around all
year long.   Have been noticing a lot of Redwinged Black birds, fly catchers,
goldfinches and a hummingbird now and then,  in the yard.  Cedar Waxwings are
sporadic, but as soon as the Mulberry fruit ripens they will be abundant.  Inca
and Mourning doves are busy building nests.  Blue Jays, Cardinals, and Mocking
birds, although around all year, haven't really begun the nest building
process much yet.

Ceres: I grow Brunfelsia pauciflora "Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow".  I like it
very much.  It only blooms in the spring, early summer here, but the blooms
are long lasting and well worth it....due to the fact that they add the three
colors to the landscape.  It is semi evergreen here, dropping it's foliage in
spring just before the blooms open, to make room for the new growth of foliage
that is coming in.

Spring has sprung here, lots of spring rains too....but gorgeous days in

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 2/24/2004 6:21:58 PM Central Standard Time,