OT dead duck

A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgeon.
 As she lay her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and
 listened to the bird's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his
 head sadly and said, "I'm so sorry, your pet has passed away."

 The distressed owner wailed, "Are you sure?"
 "Yes, I'm sure. The duck is dead," he replied.

 "How can you be so sure", she protested. "I mean, you haven't done any
 testing on him or anything.   He might just be in a coma or something."

 The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the room. He returned a few
moments later with a black Labrador Retriever.  As the duck's owner looked
on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the
examination table and sniffed the duck from top to bottom. He then looked at
the vet with sad eyes and shook  his head.

The vet patted the dog and took it out and returned a few moments later
 with a beautiful cat. The cat jumped up on the table and also sniffed the
 bird from its peak to its tail and back again. The cat sat back on its
 haunches, shook its head, meowed softly, jumped down and strolled out of
the room.

 The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry, but as I said, this is
 most definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck."  Then the vet turned to
his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill, which he handed
to the woman.

 The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "$150!" she cried.
 "$150 just to tell me my duck is dead?!!"

 The vet shrugged. "I'm sorry. If you'd taken my word for it, the bill
 would have been $20. But what with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan, it
 all adds up."