Re: incomplete catalogs

Totally agree. So how do we get from here to there?

On Tuesday, February 8, 2005, at 05:41 PM, kmrsy@comcast.net wrote:

searchable catalog on
CD a number of years ago; once it's installed,
one updates it on line.
That would be a wonderful way to go for many catalogues. I buy one thing
from AMLeonard, and not very often. But they send me about 10 catalogs a
year. What a waste.

But I know paper catalogs will never completely disappear. Even if you
have the online catalog and it's in your favorites, what makes you look
there? When you are prodded by the lush pictures in your mailbox, you
are stimulated to shop. My preference would be an oversized postcard
with a few gorgeous pictures that reads, "The ABC catalog is updated for
the sping 2005 season. check it out at www.abcnursery.com ! Use this
coupon code for $5 off your order of $35 when you order online."

Everybody saves on a deal like that.

Kitty
neIN, Zone5

I think that's right, Ceres. That probably is the way it's going.
Logee's has web specials, for instance. And lots of other places
[including Best Buy and HD] have stuff on line that is in neither box
store nor catalog. HD, incidentally, published a searchable catalog on
CD a number of years ago; once it's installed, one updates it on line.