From: Cornergar@aol.com
Sent: 2/12/2005 11:26:57 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] head count

I'm a long time lurker who feels like the silent member in a great family. I
get so much from this list and feel guilty I don't contribute my part. Am
struggling to make a living in the hort world 'cause I love it. I bought into the
do what you love..the money will come theory. Am still hoping that will be
true. Don't have nearly the energy I would like. (Melody, Kitty, Auralie,
Gene..and others. How do you do it??) During the season,Feb.thru Nov. I end up with
2-3000 messages downloaded and waiting.Usually by Feb I am caught up. I
probably have the actual time but I seem to be asleep in my chair most evenings! Am
expecting a big (for me)plug order from greenleaf perennials and another from
michiganminiroses next week.  I will pot up to 4" in my passive solar
greenhouse and hope conditions are such to make the work bearable temp wise. Actually I
can hardly wait!
Hope you all will accept a lurker who enjoys your company. Hope I can
contribute more when I retire.Soc Security kicks in this year but of course it's not
enuf 'tho more than my grandkids will get! (Don't actually think the word
retire applies to gardeners.) Thanks,guys! Kathy (CornerGardens) z5 mid IL