Re: head count

Count me in as one that has been around when we were with AHS.  I am an echo
of those who have expressed their delight for this gardening family.  My
favorite experiences are those of expanded discussions of a particular plant or
garden detail. The groups knowledge & humor are at the top of my list also.
    Kathy, I define 'retired' as ceasing to pursue a career but definitely
not to sit down or even slow down.  It is true, time is just as scarce in
retirement but you do have some choices.  I have been retired for 12 1/2 yrs and
still clean house at night because I do not have time during the day and I am
always struggling with keeping my projects timely.  There are so many things I
want to do in my lifetime and know very well I will not live long enough to
succeed. I had planned to discontinue as a garden speaker this year but have
agreed to 3 final talks but none next year.  Sometimes choices are difficult to
make.
    My garden started as a bare 100 x 150 lot when we completed our home in
the fall of 1989 which was preceded by building a home in 1986.  We had full
intentions of building yet another home but couldn't find the perfect acreage so
instead added a garden room about 4 or 5 yrs ago as a substitute for a
greenhouse which is not allowed by our covenant.  Just a couple of weeks ago my
husband came home excited that an acreage home we had always admired was for sale
and ask if I was ready to move.  In the past I would have jumped at the chance
but I now see this as my last garden (due to my age) and I am in to far to
kiss it goodbye.
    Thanks to you all for making my computer time so enjoyable and
educational. I'm ready for Jim to head that bus north for a group pickup!
    Ceres, zone 4/5 central Iowa