Re: head count

Donna et al
My business is not open to the public and I  do not do mailorder.(Gene and
David..I so admire your success in this field!) Would hate for anyone to see my
gardens most weeks! My partner and I live on 12 acres of reclaimed farmland
and woods. We even have a river running thru it. It is truly an oasis in the
middle of mega flatland farms growing corn and soybeans. Most of the old farmland
is now more or less "natural" having been seeded by conservation dept. people
with big and little bluestem, switch grass and some liatris and butterfly
weed and other native forbes. As a consequence I am always fighting a myriad of
weed seed in the gardens. My "living" consists of ordering stock and overseeing
plant sales at the local hardware store April- July and again for 6 weeks in
the fall for mum sales. In exchange for this I get to sell my perennials at
this location and pocket all the proceeds. They pay me for what I sell of my
pots but it all goes thru their registers so I don't collect the sales tax and
don't have to pay overhead. Also this puts me in contact (and seems to give me
some kind of credibility) with people who might be interested in my landscaping
services.And of course this is another place to use my plants. I do the
design and installation and in some cases maintenance. Love this part as it is very
creative but is hard on the old bod'. Then my most favorite part is selling
cut flowers by subscription. Most of my customers right now are businesses some
of whom want them already arranged so that is fun, too. Perhaps this is more
than you really want to know..but I do find it interesting to hear how others
get along in this world. Thanks for the description Jim.
I too am a holdover from AHS days  Thank you Chris Lindsey! Kathy z5 IL
p.s. Jesse, Love the goat pics on splitrockboers. I want one! Thought of you
and Pam when I went to visit my daughter in Austin last Oct.