RE: Golden Showers Climber now Hot Lava

Any carefree rose is welcome. About 14 yrs ago J&P was pushing its
Simplicity roses and I was just a beginning gardener. I bit. I bought 27
of them to create the rose hedge they described. Pretty flowers, but
plenty of blackspot and not all came back the next year (some of that
might be my fault, but I tended to go overboard on preparation and care
in my early years, very afraid I might fail). I eventually ripped out
what survived. Later tried some shrub roses that I found difficult to
maintain. I still have a Peace (I think) rose that my husband bought 20
yrs ago. The roses are pretty if the aphids & JBs don't get them, it
gets plenty of blackspot and a Rhododendron is trying to engulf it.
Frankly, I just gave up on roses as they were too much hassle and they
never performed well.

But this list kept yammering about the Knockout, so I tried it, and so
far so good. I also picked up a small Rosa 'Nearly Wild', but got rid of
it at the end of the season. Some disease and always fighting JBs on it.
But the insects seemed to leave Knockouts alone. Don't know why.

Maybe I'll try a carpet rose if I can find one cheap.  Roses are pretty, but I'm not big on spraying or a lot of pruning.

--
Kitty
neIN, Zone5