Re: planning trip to Calif

I'll second the Filoli suggestion. It's a must see.

On Thursday, February 17, 2005, at 01:51 PM, David Franzman wrote:

Hi Tricia

Uh, where's Monticito? Is that a part of Sacramento? Anyway, if you come west from Sac. then I can suggest a really great Hibiscus nursery... : ). Just kidding. Theresa may know of more areas in the Sac. area however if you are coming down more toward the Bay Area then I can give you some really nice gardens. Golden Gate Park has a few and then there is Filoli which is down the penninsula a little bit. That is really a treat.

If you do come this way let me know and if you'd like to see the hibs you are welcome anytime.

DF
http://www.atouchofthetropics.net
----- Original Message ----- From: "pdickson" <pdickson@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 7:06 AM
Subject: [CHAT] planning trip to Calif

I am working on planning a trip to Calif in April for 10 days. We will fly in and out of Sacramento. We will rent a card so that we can drive to my sisters place in Monticito.
I was hoping some of you could recommend some great gardening things to see and do while we are there.
This is a trip for our 20th anniversary.
Thank you in advance for any help!
Tricia

Island Jim
Southwest Florida