OT homely philosophy

I don't often pass on things sent to me, but this seemed especially
appropriate
for this bunch.
An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots,
each hung on the ends of a pole which she carried
across her neck.  One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was
perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.  At the end of the long
walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.
 For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home only
one and a half pots of water.
 Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments.  But the poor
cracked pot was ashamed of its own  imperfection, and miserable that it could
only do half of what it had been made to do.  After 2 years of what it
perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream.  "I am
ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all
the way back to your house."
 The old woman smiled, "Did you notice that there are flowers on  your side
of the path, but not on the other pot's side?  That's because I have always
known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and
every day while we walk back, you water them."
"For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate
the table. Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this
beauty to grace the house."
 Each of us has our own unique flaw.  But it's the cracks and flaws we each
have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding.  You've
just got to take each person for what they are and look for the good in them.

 To all of my "crackpot" email buds and family, have a great day and remember
to smell the flowers, on your side of the path.