Re: shrubs for damp clay/laurel & yaupon

Yes Zem, it's one of my favorites too. Grows pretty much anywhere, sun,
shade, sand, clay. Here I do have an issue with cottony cushion scale, but
a blast with the hose usually takes care of it. And I know what you mean by
the yaupon meatballs. But I am a sucker for Weeping Yaupon. I had one that
died (from moving it around too much) but left it as the birds like to lite
in it, and planted another at its base. When it gets tall enough I'll take
away the dead one. Jim's right on that. The form is just beautiful,
especially when overzealous pruners don't get a hold of it!

Andrea H
hodgesaa@earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.