RE: Heart attack time!

Hi Kitty,

Just let me know what you need, and I'll try my best to help.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of kmrsy@comcast.net
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 6:34 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Heart attack time!

Rich,
I'm forwarding this on to the Hort Ed - looks like a good idea. If he
wants some I will let you know and it would be sweet of you to pick them
up for us. We'll pay the shipping, too.

What I found interesting, when I went to the website, was that just 2
blurbs above the Fallopia, also listed as a 2005 Release, was Penstemon
'Prairie Splendor' which I am sure I bought two years ago for our
Prairie.

--
Kitty
neIN, Zone5

> Hi Kitty,
>
> This one is called Lemon Lace Vine, Fallopia 'Lemon Lace". My info says:
an
> attractive, sparkling golden-leafed sport of the silver-lace vine. It's
> growth is more subdued, grows to 5' high by 5' wide in it's first year.
Has
> red stems and petioles in early spring and again in fall when fowmy white
> flowers complement the bright foliage. Adds a crisp brightness to the
> trellis, fence or small tree--remaining bright all season and persisting
> well into fall with no scorch on the heart-shaped leaves.
>
> Now, doesn't that make you want at least a half dozen?? It's available
from
> the NE Staqtwide arboretum's Great Plants for the Great Plains program.
> Try: arboretum.unl.edu and see what happens. If you want, I can wait until
> they go on sale and get you some and ship them to you. Just let me know
> what's your pleasure. But you otta try the website, there's some real neat
> stuff there.

Holy