Re: Orchid Event

Sounds like a fun day to me.

On Feb 4, 2006, at 5:06 PM, Andrea Hodges wrote:

Went to and "Orchid Event" at Greenview Nursery today. Had four seminars on

The Wonderful World Of Orchids
Creating Orchid Baskets (with other things besides orchids in them)
Reblooming Your Orchids
Repotting Your Orchids

All in all it was a great time. I have a nasty cold so don't feel very well
but I learned a lot most especially some things I've been doing wrong.

Got a nice yellow Phaleonopsis with an orange lip and a beautiful deep purple
Dendrobium. Bought a pretty orange pot to set the Phal in. Since it's snowing
lightly here it really brightened my day.

Also got a spent Jewel Orchid for $5.00 Just needed repotting. My BIL went
with me and since he's very new to the orchid field he bought all the spent
Phaleonopsis plants for $5 each. All they need is some water.

Next weekend is the annual orchid show and sale at the Washington Park
Botanical Gardens in Springfield. Can't wait for that! Whoo hoo!

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10