To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 5:12 PM
Subject: [CHAT] winter bloomers

I'm enjoying a yellow blooming lantana that I've had for many years that I
pruned to be a 3' standard last summer. It has some growth coming up from
the base that I'll have to remove. How easily does it root?

I got a nice white amaryllis at Target. It's putting up its second bloom
stalk. I always open the boxes and try to pick a bulb with two buds
showing, if possible. I bet the rest of you do that too.

Happy belated birthday Jesse! Your library sounds like the perfect
hide-away! I turned a storage loft into a real library for my six 6'
bookshelves full of preschool and professional books. I've always kept them
in categories for ease in finding what I need for any unit I'm working on in
school. I need more light in there and a comfy chair. I have 11' of 30"
high closed cabinets that house my other materials. What a pleasure it is
to have a nice library!

I keep my plant books next to my computer for reference. My "office" is in
another tiny loft area overlooking the family room. When we built the house
we had really tall ceilings in the family room and living room, so we put
narrow lofts over a small part of each room It was like finding space and
it made the rooms downstairs a bit more cozy.

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)

chris@widom-assoc.com