Re: Gene's catalog

In a message dated 02/13/2006 9:01:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
genebush@otherside.com writes:
  I simply sold out of the Athyrium 'Victoriae'... there are perhaps 4 or
5 left right now.. too few to place in the catalog. I have another tray on
order for deliver in April to grow on for fall sales and next year. So, the
crested Victorian fern will return.
Good.  I was sorry not to see it in the catalog.

    UPS, as it turns out, is a pain in the unmentionables to get set up and
running and more expensive than the postal service. So... we will see how
this year goes. It is a trial run for their services.
I do hope UPS works out for you.  The postal service here is
totally unreliable.

    Congratulations on a well grown fern. I have my crested Victorian ferns
with pulmonaria and hosta, hellebore and more, under a variegated dogwood.
    Gene E. Bush
That's interesting.  My Victorian fern also grows in a bed with
pulmonaria, a couple of hellebores and epimedium partly under
a mugho pine.  I can't grow hostas in that area because of the
deer, but have some near in a protected area.
Auralie