Re: Plant ID/Clubs

First let me apologize for all the responses from old posts, I'm catching  up
on email....or attempting to do such.

I think you will find this with any hobby or such.  You won't find  people
with the same interests unless you put yourself into a group where like  minded
people congregate.  There are millions of email lists, and you'll  find
gardeners in all of them, but not until you join a gardening group will you  find
someone that has the same level of interest.  This is the same with
clubs/societies, etc.  When we first moved to Houston, our neighbors had  nice gardens,
but none were plant-a-holics like us.  It wasn't until  meeting folks at
nursery events, joining the Master Gardeners, etc. that we got  to know folks that
were into it as much as we were.
I didn't even know many of the groups were out there, and even to this day
learn of events and groups that I wish I had known about years ago......so just
 because you don't hear about them doesn't mean they do not exist.    Just
like this group, I've learned so much from the plant and gardening  societies
and groups I've been a member of, and met the most interesting  people.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 2/14/2006 6:35:43 PM Central Standard Time,