Re: kumquats.....Jim S?

For what it's worth, which may not be much, when I was growing
up in the Florida panhandle - considerably north of Jim - I knew
several large kumquat trees (I knew practically every tree and
shrub in town).  Have no idea what cultivar, but they were very
tasty, and apparently quite hardy.  They were the only citrus
trees in the area - I assume because the climate is just too
cold for them. We regularly had several freezing days and
nights in a row each winter.  I seriously doubt that these were
grafted or any special cultivars.  People didn't go in for that
sort of thing at that time and place.

In a message dated 02/16/2006 1:53:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,