From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Cersgarden@aol.com
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 10:17 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Oleanders/hummingbirds--Hyacinth experiment/Amaryllis

In a message dated 2/24/06 9:11:59 AM, wmorgan972@ameritech.net writes:

>   Now I'm wondering, since this bulb was grown in a bulb vase, how do
> I preserve the bulb for next year?

Bonnie, I think usually they tell you they are not good for planting in the
garden after forcing however I always plant mine outdoors & may not get a
bloom
next yr but the following year it will.   Our botanical center has used
plant
sales (plants taken from the dome displays) which include lots of   bulbs at
a very small cost and I have gotten many bulbs from there with the same
performance.
     Ceres