From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Aplfgcnys@aol.com
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 1:19 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Spring- Yeah!

Chris, unlike Ceres, I both cook with cast iron utensils and love my tile
floors in the kitchen, 2 baths and laundry room.
One tile is slightly cracked after 16 years of use, but you have to look
close to find the crack.  The kitchen counters are tile, too - 8" square
cream-colored tiles.  They clean up easily and beautifully, and so far have
shown no wear and tear.  The bathrooms are older - more like 25 years.
There is oak flooring throughout the rest of the house, and I like it, but
it is a pain to keep looking good.
As for cast iron utensils, I use them more and more - skillets of various
sizes and a large pot.  I much prefer them to the other various kinds of
pots I have.  Hang in there.

In a message dated 02/24/2006 10:09:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Cersgarden@aol.com writes:
In a message dated 2/23/06 10:21:23 PM, lindsey@mallorn.com writes:

>   My concern has always been that I'd
> drop a cast iron skillet and crack the floor.

Chris, it does not take something as big as the skillet to break the tile.
I hate my ceramic tile in my kitchen, hallway, (2) bath and laundry room and
hope to replace it, hopefully, this summer.   What a major job to replace!
do like the tile in my garden room, however.   I want to check out the