Re: AMaryllis

In a message dated 2/24/06 5:15:25 PM, TeichFlora@aol.com writes:

> How does one get an Amaryllis to rebloom  the
> next year????
Noreen, after the bloom is spent, I cut the stock off and let the foliage go.
  When the weather is warm enough (late May) I move it outside and place
under shrubs but in a location where I will remember to water.   Also provide
fertilizer several times during the summer.   In fall I bring the container
let the foliage dry up and place in the basement in a cool dark spot letting
rest for a min of 6 wks but I usually allow a longer rest.   I then bring in
it into warmth & light & add moisture and it will respond by sprouting &
blooming.   A friend who hybridizes them tells me they are   big feeders.
She &
her husband have a corn seed production farm in S Amer where she develops her
bulbs twice as fast as here due to the warm temps.