Re: Cornus

That is true Gene! And it has deepened in redness as it has gotten a bit older. My, but it would have been helpful if I'd written down what it was when I got it. Mine does have really nicely variegated leaves in the spring/summer.

Gene Bush wrote:

Not necessarily Teresa.
Everyone has differing perceptions... and expectations.... of color. Lighting is different in each garden or landscape, different times of the day and month you are looking at it.... one of the great aspects to color and gardening.What you use as a companion is very important with these winter exhibits. Personally, come spring and summer I do not expect all that much from them other than background for shade perennials.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa" <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net>

Hmm- I obviously have no snow, and the red stems still stand out.  So
perhaps I can assume mine is not Midwinter fire.